Jul 21, 2018
Meet Rob and Elsie at Podcast Movement! We’ll have a
meet and greet at Reading Terminal on Tuesday, July 24 at 8 am
Want merch? We’ve got you covered #podcastersftw!
today and support Podcasting!
Quick Episode Summary:
- Intro :07
- Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcast: The Bearded Tog
- How you can be featured by Libsyn!
- PROMO 1: The Soul Mammas Podcast
- Elsie and Rob Conversation 8:51
- Feedback from James Cridland all about the Google Podcast App
being native 9:40
- Some news about Search Engines Journal and podcasts are more
popular than blogs?
- Ooh! Another way to not be accepted by Apple Podcasts and
- How do you put an episode on the “Best of the Podcast” in Apple
- Concerns about ASCAP and BMI when playing music with permission
from he artist on the podcast
- If you update existing podcast episodes rating from explicit to
clean, will it update in Apple Podcasts?
- There is a process towards having your podcast on Plex! And of
course one of our listeners delivered the goods
- More feedback on enhanced podcasts aka those with chapter
markers, this time via the mighty Chris Christensen
- How you can use timecodes to facilitate jumping to certain
parts of an episode using Overcast #MarcoIsAGenius
- PROMO 2: Mongobay 39:44
- Are downloads “a tally of how many times someone clicks a play
- Commentary on the difference between server side stats and
client side stats
- How to get a date range of stats from initial post date from a
podcast episode to 30 days after it was released, easily, within
the Libsyn podcast advanced stats
- Niche advertising rates still win the race and how we paint a
picture with the paint and canvas given
- Podcast download data: it’s not a guessing game, it’s a trend
- MP3 are the winners! Always
- Why does the formatting for shownotes show up all messed up in
- For any “listens” or audience building to really matter per
episode it needs to expand into the next episodes - trend lines
must go up
- S-Town is getting sued, ugh, is there no loyalty? We
- Oh my! People think that publishers are just now discovering
podcasters and signing them to book deals!
- Moxie has some voice feedback asking when is the best time to
release and episode? 1:02:57
- Why did you leave us segment
- The worst email in the past 2 weeks - this time it’s
- Where YOU been? A new segment and a request for a bumper!
- PROMO 3: Future of Humanity
- Stats! Geographic and user agent!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your
twitter followers. Click here to post a
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and
leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be
- Download the FREE The Feed App for
Android (you can send feedback straight from within the
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our SpeakPipe