Jul 28, 2019
Everything that you know about the new updated Apple Podcasts
categories! And how to update yours NOW on the Libsyn interface.
Also covering that story from Bloomberg about Apple Podcasts
exclusive content strategy and the plethora of derivative articles
that spun and spun it, the Onion like article on podcasting by the
NYTimes, discussing how the beauty of podcasting is creating a show
that is exactly how you want it to be, and stats, this time
centering on all the geographic and user agent data, plus plenty of
other wonderful and helpful podcasting tips… Mostly inspired by you
and your feedback!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com
or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro & how you can be
featured by Libsyn!
- 4:09 PROMO 1: The Rideshare
- 4:42 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- 6:30 Apple Podcasts updated their
categories and how to update them on Libsyn
- 10:44 That Bloomberg article about
the rumor Apple is looking to create exclusive content
- What Elsie and Rob think is happening with Apple’s alleged
- 16:05 There was an INC article
furthering the misguided narrative that Apple has done nothing for
- 21:18 PROMO 2: Southern Gothic
- 21:52 There was an Onion piece that
accidentally was published in the NY Times about podcasting and
Elsie and Rob have thoughts
- 23:10 When the term podfading began,
- 27:56 Peter asks about episode
- Pandora only has podcasts on the mobile app, not on the
- 33:18 Making sure that episodes on
Apple Podcasts show up at the exact time that sponsors want
- Audio promo tips
- 41:00 Follow up tip for mobile
podcasting using the Tascam DR10L with lavs via Dave
- Creating category custom players for your show!
- Did we spoil a TV show?
- Will we make The Feed 24 minutes long?
- How to circumvent the problem of hitting number 300
- 55:12 Liz from Ben Franklin’s World
toured the Libsyn office and shared her insights
- Someone did use the NASA audio and images that we mentioned in
the last episode!
- Listen Notes CEO Wenbin shared some cool tip about
transcriptions and Listen Notes
- A podcaster featured on C-SPAN Radio!
- 1:02:30 PROMO 3: UNAPOLOGETICALLY
- 1:05:35 Stats, stats, stats!
Geographic and user agent
- 1:10:58 Where have we been?
- 1:14:44 Elsie’s new show Sobre
- 1:18:06 Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your
twitter followers. Click here to post a
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and
leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be
- Download the FREE The Feed App for
Android (you can send feedback straight from within the
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our SpeakPipe