Aug 4, 2019
Going over the Apple Podcasts categories again, OMG a new Libsyn
front end website! New look y’all! Super awesome. Breaking down
deets of what’s going on with Libsyn and Podcast Movement, plus we
answer what are the Top 5 things a Podcaster should do BEFORE
recording their first episode? And what to do after publishing
their first 5 episodes, and y’all we don’t stop there because we
have 2 Rob mini soap boxes and the latest stats! Mean and median
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro & how you can be
featured by Libsyn!
- 2:50 PROMO 1: History of the
- 3:19 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Right into more details about Apple Podcasts categories
- Hey! We have a new Libsyn front-facing Libsyn website!
- 13:20 A break down of when, where and
what the Libsyn Team will be doing at Podcast Movement 2019!
- Audio listeners in the UK survey
- 24:42 PROMO 2: Your Brain on
- What exactly is the field NOT to fill out anymore, hint: Apple
Podcasts Summary field
- Making episodes disappear, on purpose and building a
- 31:04 What are the top 5 things a
podcasters should do before recording their first episode
- 36:14 What are the top 5 tips for a
podcaster after producing their first 5 episodes
- Is there a rule within the Apple TOS that boots you for doing a
giveaway in exchange for ratings and reviews?
- Spotify and Apple Music are dueling, really?
- The best place to put paranormal podcasts with the new
- When a CEO compares podcasters to a flea market
- To have a website for your show or not to have a website for
- Rob goes Libsyn 301 in setting all kinds of special feeds!
- The Lore TV show got cancelled
- Why is there no Libsyn mobile app?
- Worst email of the week
- What we think of a business that is built on making money off
of user feedback
- 64:40 Oh yes, should you use Amazon
AWS to host your podcast? #RobSoapBox
- Shockingly, people lie about their podcast numbers
- 76:08 PROMO 3: Project Woo Woo
- 74:26 Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your
twitter followers. Click here to post a
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and
leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be
- Download the FREE The Feed App for
Android (you can send feedback straight from within the
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email email@example.com
- Use our SpeakPipe