Jan 28, 2020
Apple creating podcasts to support their TV+ offerings, the
Music Modernization Act, more into Google Podcasts and your podcast
website, Rob’s new Facebook policies, DMCA takedown notices,
geographic and user agent stats and we finish off with a discussion
all about the whole Spotify is bigger than Apple Podcasts narrative
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 3:54 PROMO 1: Disney Chat With Pixie
- 4:21 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Elsie is using a cool new app called TripMode
- Go Chiefs!
- Bloomberg says that Apple is discussing making original
podcasts related to programs on TV+
- A bit into Elsie’s post production
- We’re correcting something we said in the past episode about
public domain recordings and we find out about the Music
- Do we have any suggestions on where one can look for podcasts
that are looking for hosts?
- Trying to clarify more info on Google Podcasts and podcast
- Don’t use wav files for podcasting, use MP3s
- Rebranding a show and keeping the same feed
- Rob has a new policy about Facebook
- Rob got 7 reputation points from the Apple Podcast community
from the Apple Team!
- 46:50 PROMO 2: CherryPickin’
- The issues that arise when your podcast’s name is too
- Congrats Jim Harold!
- Worst Email of The Week and it’s all about DMCA takedown
- Yep, our stats are Libsyn only shows
- 59:26 PROMO 3: Hot Flashes and Cool Topics
- Stats: geographic and and user agent stats
- Spotify, Apple Podcasts and all those articles
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your
twitter followers. Click here to post a
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and
leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be
- Download the FREE The Feed App for
Android (you can send feedback straight from within the
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email email@example.com
- Use our SpeakPipe