Nov 18, 2020
Who is the Soapy the libsyn mascot? iHeartMedia, Spotify,
Voxnest and Megaphone news, Stitcher issues, more fun new gear from
Zoom, search in Audible, pro-privacy former presidential candidate
fails at podcasting privacy and of course, the latest in geographic
and user agent with a bonus of Q3 breakdowns of Apple Podcasts’ top
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:20 PROMO 1: Notnerd
- 3:51 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Congrats to President Elects and Happy 16th Birthday to
- Audio feedback from Kamuela asking about Soapy!
- iHeartMedia buys Voxnest
- Spotify buys Megaphone
- What do you when you’re podcast consultant quotes download
number results that are awfully high?
- Oh no! Stitcher had some issues with their URLs
- Terry’s audio feedback on Gaana and Amazon Music
- Apple seems to have dropped support for a couple of iTunes feed
- Fun new toys from Zoom - again
- PROMO 2: Memories With A Beat
- Feedback on the experience of sharing podcasts from
- Elsie has some thoughts about how search in Audible works at
- An update on exporting stats from the Libsyn stat page
- Do NOT make your trailer episode a 2 1/2 minute song because
Spotify will kick you out
- Audio feedback - Terry asks about Alexa
- Some support for episode artwork!
- Worst email of the week all about Spotify not owning
- Former presidential candidate Andrew Yang gets called out for
not taking responsibility to protect his podcast audience’s
- PROMO 3: The Freelance Roadtrip
- Stats! Geographic and user agent
- Q3 2020 Breakdowns by Apple Podcasts Top Categories
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your
twitter followers. Click here to post a
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and
leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be
- Download the FREE The Feed App for
Android (you can send feedback straight from within the
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email email@example.com
- Use our SpeakPipe