Podfest and WWDC 2022 takeaways! Clubhouse and Facebook drops, the FTC says disclosure for your ads needs to be in the audible portion, social media influencers distrusted? Last call for the THE AMAZON MUSIC CONTEST! The Vocaster, the Mixcast 4 Podcast Station and fun colorful audio accessories from Rode, tips for recording in a live setting, AudioMo and mean and median numbers!
Audience feedback drives the show. We'd love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 412-573-1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We'd love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:54 PROMO 1: VideoFuzzy
- 3:19 Rob and Elsie conversation
- We've just come from Podfest!
- Rob's advice on what to spend your first podcasting $100
- As of May 2022 and the number of active podcasts in Apple Podcasts is 400k
- It's not too late for you to start your podcast!
- Elsie's favorite Podfest things
- 17:28 WWDC 2022 Recap! CarPlay, Watch OS 9 when "podcasts" were mentioned and the best laptop for podcasting
- Elsie's hopes for iOS and iPad OS 16 workflows for podcasters
- 33:08 Apple sent an email letting us know that on June 25 Apple Podcasts Connect will be unavailable for a few hours
- 34:12 Clubhouse updates and Twitter Spaces update
- 37:40 Facebook stats have gone down, down, down, because they are gone!
- 38:23 FTC says disclosure for ads needs to be in the audible portion
- 41:05 Social media influencers come under fire amidst widespread distrust
- 43:47 The Amazon Music contest and how you can possibly get featured!
- 45:49 PROMO 2: Walking is Fitness
- Releasing to a destination early
- 47:37 The Vocaster, The Mixcast 4 and pretty colored accessories
- 54:14 Audio feedback from Alan about live streaming gear
- 1:01:07 Elsie's participating in AudioMo
- 1:02:53 Spotify and podcasting
- 1:04:50 PROMO 3: Bill Watches Movies
- 1:05:26 Stats mean and median numbers!
- 1:09:27 Where have we been and where are we going
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Use Glow.FM!
- Podfest 2022 — Libsyn Team Take-Aways! - Official Libsyn Blog
- Learn How to Start a Podcast for Under 100 Bucks Total! - YouTube
- Ossa | StartEngine
- Women’s Meditation Network Home - Women's Meditation Network
- iOS 16 Podcasting Workflows
- Reincubate Camo - Use your phone as a pro webcam, free
- NDI Tools | NDI.tv
- libsyn on Twitter: "🧵 Libsyn podcasters! Win a chance to get featured on @amazonmusic's Hidden Gems Playlist - here's how 👇🏽 📅 On 6/17 tweet about your show 1️⃣ Use your Amazon Music URL 2️⃣ Tag @libsyn 3️⃣ Add hashtag #gems617 That's it! https://t.co/EE7xT1JMsi" / Twitter
- Connect Your Show to Publish Episodes to Amazon Music/Audible – Libsyn 5
- Vocaster | Focusrite
- The RØDE COLORS Range Expands Again With COLORS 3
- TASCAM Debuts the Mixcast 4 Podcast Station
- podCast411 - Learn about Podcasters and Podcasting News: 411 Item 176 TikiBar TV Podcast - Voicemail line 206-666-4357
- The Feed The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Libsyn Studio | Create and Launch your podcast today!
- ernmander (@ernmander) / Twitter
- AudioMo #AudioMo (@AudioMo) / Twitter
- 06.01.22 -- AdvertiseCast May Ad Rates release
- Podcast Advertising Rates 2022
- Amplifying Your Voice Through Podcasting with Elsie Escobar — Nikki Groom
- Unapologetic: Being Black & Queer in Podcasting Tickets, Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 6:00 PM | Eventbrite
- How to Make Real Money Podcasting • Virtual Event - July 19th & 20th
- ROCKNPOD Retreat 2022 Tickets, Sat, Jul 23, 2022 at 8:00 AM | Eventbrite
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We'd love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here's our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.