Oct 6, 2019
International Podcast Day recap and Libsyn’s latest Q3 growth
results, the death of Podcoin, a great resource for recording
remote episodes, podcasting words of wisdom for college students,
how to count your subscribers, all kinds of new stuff from Spotify
including playlists! Y’all seriously, so much more!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com
or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 2:48 PROMO 1: Threads From the National
- 3:18 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- International Podcast Day and incredible Spanish speaking
- Fantastic results for Libsyn Q3!
- Super cool data from Rob re: some top podcasts
- Podcoin is dead
- Pocketcasts is doing some great things
- What Mongobay Newscast does to get super great audio for their
- A winner in the 2019 Podcast Awards
- Advice for college students about podcasting
- 20:53 Thoughts on Himalaya - audio
feedback from Civilla
- Can you measure your subscribers?
- Update your RSS feed to your show on Spotify
- Podcast playlists on Spotify!
- Thoughts on the Descript app
- 39:53 PROMO 2: The Perfect Stool
- Downloads vs Streams discussion
- How long does it take to submit into Apple Podcasts?
- A now famous answer from Rob on Quora
- What to do with the 15% bottom half of your show artwork
- Worst email of the week!
- Oh! Best email of the week, and it’s a good one!
- 56:38 PROMO 3: Mr. Media
- Stats, stats, stats: mean and median numbers
- Where have we been!
- Where are we going!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your
twitter followers. Click here to post a
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and
leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be
- Download the FREE The Feed App for
Android (you can send feedback straight from within the
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our SpeakPipe