Mar 25, 2020
Communication from the president of Libsyn, Laurie Simms. Tips
for remote recording. How the pandemic is affecting downloads -
with some actual data. What is happening to podcast advertising
during this time. Why your audience is the most important thing
ever. Apple releases all kinds of new toys. Shows being taken off
Spotify. The difference between listens and downloads. And oh
goodness all kinds of stats!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 3:04 PROMO 1: Fighting Through
- 3:40 Rob and Elsie conversation
- Coronavirus email from Laurie
- Going from live to remote recording? Rob and Elsie
- Download numbers going down and YouTube doesn’t want you to
make money with 14:48 COVID–19 - audio
feedback from Jon from Professor Slots
- Insight into download numbers during this time
- Anything we can glean from 2008
- This is when connecting with your audience is of the upmost
- New update to Libsyn is here!
- Apple announced the new 4th generations iPads plus, new
keyboard with trackpad
- Can you use music performed by the US Marine Band?
- 36:40 A show on Spotify taken down
NOT because of copyright music infringement from Stéphane
- 41:34 PROMO 2: The Celtic Myth
- Samson Q2U, H6, double enders, and Headliner integration
- The Google Play destination deprecated and it has nothing to do
with Google Podcasts
- A celebration of 200 episodes with 1 star reviews
- Chartable integration and a possible swell in downloads?
- Focus on telling your audience to subscribe and listen to your
show in Apple Podcasts vs asking for reviews
- Where have YOU been? Fish Nerds was on the NY Times!
- What is a download and what is a listen?
- 1:05:15 PROMO 3: Sleepy Time
- Recounting the Infinite Dial Stats
- Advanced stats update! Agregator apps!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your
twitter followers. Click here to post a
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and
leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be
- Download the FREE The Feed App for
Android (you can send feedback straight from within the
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email email@example.com
- Use our SpeakPipe