Jan 26, 2021
Podcast etiquette, the power of clean HTML, Hopin acquisition of
Streamyard, podcasters with COVID, Apple Spotlight and subscription
speculation, clarifications, updated ad insertion tools, the power
of Destinations, square vs wide format podcast art, geographic and
user agent stats and oh, so much more
Upgrade Webinar with Shure Microphones!
Join the Libsyn
Beta Community TODAY!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:25 PROMO 1: The Perfect Stool
- 3:55 Rob and Elsie Convo!
- Kale is powerful!
- Copyright follow-up “2018 - 2021” or just “2021”?
- Does every Season have to start with episode 1? It depends
- Podcast etiquette question: when are you off the podcast
- 19:38 Making sure your HTML is clean so you don’t have
any RSS feed issues! Audio feedback from Carey Green
- Hopin buying Streamyard!
- Now you can put lip stick on and grow a beard via Zoom
- Wishing good health to podcasters Greg and Jennifer
- Apple has a new Spotlight section
- Speculation on Apple adding a subscription service
- How to NOT be in Google Podcasts
- 47:04 Podcast 2.0 Namespace and Podcast Index
acknowledgement and update
- Our ad insertion tools now have an updated HTML 5 slot picker
replacing the flash based one!
- 58:00 Awesome feedback on an easy way to grow your
audience via Blogger - audio feedback from Bill
- Spotify’s investments may not be paying off
- Why did you leave us? First, a blog, then a podcast
- When should you use naked links so they show up in Apple
- 1:10:36 PROMO 2: Hacker Valley Studio
- Pocketcasts is for sale
- Why you should fill out your Author filed in the Apple Podcasts
Podcast optimization section
- Dan Le Batard left ESPN and negotionated control of his RSS
- Where do you use square artwork and where do you use the wide
- There is a lot, lot lot of room for growth in the podcasting
- 1:24:20 PROMO 3: Spun Today
- 1:24:49 Stats: geographic and user agent
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your
twitter followers. Click
here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Podchaser and kindly
leave us a review and follow the show!
to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be
- Download the FREE The Feed App for
Android (you can send feedback straight from within the
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email email@example.com
- Use our SpeakPipe