Mar 23, 2021
More acquisitions, breaking down iOS 14.5 updates, plus a bit of
a clarification from Rob, the privacy conversation and when the
pendulum swings back, The Feed was listened to in the Arctic!
Podcasters on the cover of a magazine, the worth of festivals and
awards, stats geographic and user agent plus a bonus recap of The
Infinite Dial data!
FOR THE LIBSYN 5 DEMO AND QA WEBINAR!
Join the Libsyn
Beta Community TODAY!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:59 PROMO 1: Backyard Ecology
- 3:28 Rob and Elsie Convo!
- Podcorn acquired by Entercom
- Update on iOS 14.5 and the new features
- When eCamm Call Recorder keeps working
- Auto-updating player that updates to the latest episode
- 15:38 Audio feedback - listener privacy
- The pendulum swinging back, when a brand does not want to
advertise with you if you are tracking your audience
- Questions about Gaana’s TOS
- Our show was listened to in the Arctic! This is amazing!!!
- A request to Apple and Spotify to offer prepaid music plans for
- Overcast episode artwork changes, how and when does that
- 27:53 PROMO 2: Video Fuzzy
- Where have YOU been? Getting featured on a magazine cover!
- Festivals and awards shows, are they worth it?
- Do podcast category settings have an impact on search in Apple
- When the world’s biggest flower is your episode artwork
- Good bots and bad bots
- 42:27 PROMO 3: Mojo For Musicians
- 43:00 STATS: Geographic and user agent
- A recap of the Infinite Dial data
- Where have we been
- Where are we going
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your
Twitter followers. Click
here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly
leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via
→ Follow via
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be