Apr 4, 2023
Libsyn 4 stats moving to Libsyn 5, Libsyn’s Glow launches
Spotify Open Access! Libsyn appoints Patrick Dolan as Chairman of
the Board, voice isolation in iOS 16.4 and how that affects
podcasters, podcasting history via an Audio Hijack story, the
Podcast Standards Project, podcasting is a secondary activity and
what that means for podcast production, stats mean and median
numbers and so much more!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
contact us and keep the conversation going! Email
email@example.com, call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on
Speakpipe! We’d love to
hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- (2:48) PROMO 1: The Perfect Stool
- (3:18) Rob and Elsie conversation
- (7:14) Stats will be moving to Libsyn 5 and they will default
- (10:28) Libsyn’s Glow launches Spotify Open access
- (13:18) New Chairman of the Board! Welcome Patrick Dolan!
- (15:37) PROMO 2: Beyond The Todo List
- (16:51) A new fun feature in iOS 16.4 that might affect
podcasters: voice isolation
- (23:03) Shout-out to Steve Goldstein as a new adjunct professor
for NYU’s Steinhardt School for the business of podcasting
- (24:25) Audio Hijack, Steve Jobs and podcasting
- (28:48) Google adding “perspectives” and “about this
- (32:01) About Podcast Standards
- (34:52) Podcast listening is a secondary activity aka on the
- (39:42) Why you need to verify your Google account before
posting video content longer than 15 minutes
- (42:14) Making sure your stats start on publish day
- (45:39) This week’s niche new podcast is the Commish Chat, An
- (47:16) What to do when your podcast doesn’t appear in the
category that you chose to appear in
- (55:32) PROMO 3: 5 Minute Career Hack
- (56:01) Stats: mean and median numbers
- (57:57) Where have we been and where are we going
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Where have we been and where are we going
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your
Twitter followers. Click
here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly
leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via
→ Follow via
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be