Best practices for podcast trailers, interesting titles for new podcasts that include profanity, Libsyn’s AdvertiseCast Signs Exclusive Ad Partnership with Knock ‘Em Dead, and Big IP Media, the FTC's updated advertising guides to combat deceptive reviews and endorsements, workflows for re-sharing past episodes, the latest monthly podcast advertising rates and Stats! Geographic and user agent!
Audience feedback drives the show. We'd love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 412-573-1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We'd love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- (2:49) PROMO 1: Strokecast
- (3:18) Rob and Elsie conversation
- What happens when someone drops out while connected with Libsyn's Connect?
- (4:35) Happy 18th anniversary Jim Harold!
- (7:35) All of the Libsyn PR!
- Libsyn’s AdvertiseCast Signs Exclusive Ad Partnership with Knock ‘Em Dead, A New Podcast by Rachel Bradley & Christopher Titus
- Libsyn’s AdvertiseCast Re-Ups Exclusive Ad Partnership with The Commercial Break, the Leading Improv Comedy Podcast hosted by Bryan Green & Krissy Hoadley
- Libsyn’s AdvertiseCast Signs New Exclusive Ad Partnership with Big IP Media
- (11:00) Best practices for releasing podcast trailers through Libsyn
- (18:12) How long does it take to update an episode in Apple Podcasts
- (19:50) Federal Trade Commission Announces Updated Advertising Guides to Combat Deceptive Reviews and Endorsements
- (25:18) New podcast titles best practices
- (28:31) Should you put profanity on in your podcast title?
- (37:45) Promo 2: Life is Feeling
- (39:08) Good tape! A podcast magazine
- (41:43) Re-releasing podcast episodes to your feed
- (50:42) How do you get "celebrity" types on your podcast?
- (54:27) Promo 3: Amateur Traveler
- (55:15) Stats: Geographic
- (56:25) What are the best distribution channels for a brand? And what does distribution mean?
- (59:39) Stats: user agent
- (1:03:42) The latest Advertisecast Podcast advertising rates
- (1:07:11) Where have we been and where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Where have we been and where are we going
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- JimHarold.com – The Paranormal Podcast Guy Since 2005 – Free Podcasts & More
- Tips & Tricks from Jim Harold — A Professional Scary Podcast Host - YouTube
- 07.11.23 - AdvertiseCast Knock Em Dead Exclusive - FINAL
- 07.13.23 -- AdvertiseCast The Commecial Break Exclusive - FINAL
- 07.19.23 - AdvertiseCast x Big IP Media Exclusive - FINAL
- Federal Trade Commission Announces Updated Advertising Guides to Combat Deceptive Reviews and Endorsements | Federal Trade Commission
- Proposed text of Endorsement Guides FRN
- Good Tape wants to be the print magazine for the podcast world. - The Verge
- Podcast Advertising Rates 2023
- Libsyn AdvertiseCast Ad Rates June 23 Final
- Podcast Episode Artwork & iOS 17 — Game Changer! - YouTube
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We'd love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here's our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.