Feb 11, 2020
Breaking down the Apple email in early February, where you
should look for your Spotify stats, Castro’s new promoted podcasts
feature! What are good download numbers after you launch? What does
being at the top of the Apple Podcasts really mean? listens vs
downloads, a really bad one star review, chatting about the IAB
Privacy and Compliance Unit and of course stats! It’s mean and
median number time!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 4:07 PROMO 1: Daily Detroit
- 4:36 Rob and Elsie conversation
- Oh goodie! An email from Apple! We have content!
- Show availability and content updates
- Spotify acquiring Ringer
- Tips on updating Spotify RSS set-up
- Elsie shares her love for Castro and the new promoted
- Pay for Castro Premium - it will make Elsie happy
- Podcast Movement speaker submissions are open
- Congrats Podchaser
- How many downloads is a good number to have after
- 34:42 PROMO 2: Active Travel
- What does it take to get to the Apple Podcasts charts?
- How did Forbes get those revenue numbers for the top earning
- Rob had another answer recommended by the Apple Podcasts team!
More reputations points
- If you are not planning on using a service, don’t use their
- Rob gets to brag about his upload speeds
- The worst 1 star review ever
- The worst phone call of the week
- And yet another JADA (Just Another Discovery Article)
- Least expensive/most accurate transcription service or
- Rob shares a great article about licensing music or lack
thereof in podcasting
- Chatting about the IAB Privacy and Compliance Unit
- 1:09:46 PROMO 3: Narco Mindset
- Stats: mean and median number
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your
twitter followers. Click here to post a
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and
leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be
- Download the FREE The Feed App for
Android (you can send feedback straight from within the
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email email@example.com
- Use our SpeakPipe