👀 ALL TIMECODES ARE OFF! We are an award nominated podcast! The Latino Podcast Listener Report 2023; Advertisecast's partnership with Leo Skepi's Aware and Aggravated; Google podcasts going away and what you need to know; The Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission is making things problematic and confusing (Rob W has many thoughts); the difference between user agents and destinations; the new Shure SM7db; the Wireless Pro from Rode; and stats! Mean and median numbers, plus the latest podcast advertising rates.
(timecodes are off because I had to replace the file!)
Audience feedback drives the show. We'd love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 412-573-1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We'd love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- (3:04) PROMO 1: Legends From The Pacific, Hawaii's Missing Diver
- (3:42) Rob and Elsie conversation
- We are an award nominated podcast! Congrats to us!
- (7:33) Google Podcasts is going away and what you need to know 😮💨
- (13:42) Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission with the worst law passed in 2023
- (17:26) Pushkin and Sony Podcasts both had major layoffs to their teams
- (19:08) What's the difference between User Agent and Destination?
- (21:35) Echo removers! Do you have one that you love?
- (23:14) Yes, we do talk about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift
- Hmmmmm the guests feature in Apple Podcasts sometimes does weird things
- (31:11) Rob shares about a new under $100 microphone, the Fifine Dynamic XLR/USB mic
- (33:09) PROMO 2: Your podcast promo here!
- (34:38) The amazing new Shure SM7db!
- (40:53) The Rode Wireless PRO is so cool
- (45:23) Latino Podcast Listener Report 2023 key findings
- (50:22) AdvertiseCast Strikes Exclusive Advertising Partnership with Viral Social Media Influencer Leo Skepi's “Aware & Aggravated” Podcast
- (51:53) Another loss for our community with the passing of radio host Mark Friedo Friedman
- (52:33) PROMO 3: Calm History
- (53:28) Stats, mean and median numbers
- (55:42) Monthly advertising rates
- (57:57) Where have we been and where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- CRTC takes major step forward to modernize Canada’s broadcasting framework - Canada.ca
- CRTC regulations requirements an attack on freedom
- CRTC registration for podcasts and streaming companies draws criticism | CBC News
- What is Bill C-11? Everything you need to know | CTV News
- Malcolm Gladwell Podcast Company Pushkin to Lay Off Staff - Bloomberg
- Sony Lays Off Staff in Podcast Business, Cancels Emily Ratajkowski Program - Bloomberg
- Echo & Reverb remover - EchoRemover AI | CrumplePop
- GOYO Voice Separator | De-noise, De-Reverb, De-Voice - All in One Plugin
- Amazon.com: FIFINE Dynamic Microphone, XLR/USB Podcast Recording PC Microphone for Vocal Voice-Over Streaming, Studio Metal Mic with Mic Mute, Headphone Jack, Monitoring Volume Control, Windscreen-Amplitank K688 : Musical Instruments
- Shure Announces SM7dB Microphone, Hands On YouTube Video and More Info at B&H
- Shure SM7dB Review / Test (vs. Dynacaster, Sona, & More) - YouTube
- Introducing the Wireless PRO – the Most Powerful Wireless Mic Ever
- The Latino Podcast Listener Report 2023 - Edison Research
- 09.28.23 -- Libsyn x Aware and Aggravated Partnership - FINAL 2
- Longtime Dallas sports radio host, producer Mark ‘Friedo’ Friedman has died
- Podcast Advertising Rates 2023
- 10.03.23 -- Libsyn AdvertiseCast Sept 23 Ad Rates
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We'd love it if you could please share The Feed with your X followers. Click here to post on X!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here's our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.