Jan 11, 2022
New public domain work, more podcasting acquisitions, adding
video or not to your podcasting workflow, we have an affiliate
program, yas! What you need to start a podcast in 2022, the power
of host read ads, ad insertion best practices, from promo codes to
insertion points, and of course stats!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to
contact us and keep the conversation going! Email
email@example.com, call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on
Speakpipe! We’d love to
hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:34 PROMO 1: The Fluent Show
- 4:06 Rob and Elsie conversation
- It’s a new year! And Rob gives us the scoop on his 19th
calendar year as an indie podcaster
- Have you changed your copyright field yet?
- New public domain works
- Captivate was acquired by Global at the end of 2021 and
Whooshkaa was acquired by Spotify
- 12:33 AUDIO FEEDBACK - Creating video to support your
podcast, it’s sucking the joy out!
- Thoughts on adding video production to your current audio
podcast, is it worth it?
- Japanese language podcast and YouTube - tags fail to send over,
- We have an affiliate program! Yas!
- 21:20 PROMO 2: Video Fuzzy
- What do you need to Start a Podcast in 2022?
- Host read ads are not gone and are very much available for
advertisers in our space!
- The Libsyn Blog has been very active with all the recaps for
- Rob’s tip on purposely customizing your show’s background
- 30:11 AUDIO FEEDBACK: Carey Green and some extra audio
- Best practices for publishing archived episodes for the
- Would it be better to release every other week all year round
or take off more time at the beginning or end of the year?
- Spotify and Google Podcasts currently do not support video
files - MP4 files will not show up there
- Ad insertion best practices, from promo codes to insertion
- Is it best to promote the entire podcast, a series or an
- Advertisecast team reported their monthly Podcast Advertising
- 48:18 PROMO 3: The Unstarving Musician
- 49:02 Stats! Mean and Median
- Where have we been and where are we going!
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your
Twitter followers. Click
here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly
leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via
→ Follow via
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a
segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be