Exclusive deal between Libsyn's Advertisecast and The Newsworthy! Pros and cons on shipping a microphone to your guests, how Twitter can become the world's number-one podcast platform, sharing YouTube stats for The Feed, comments on AI from Spotify, automatic silencing from Auphonic, the best microphone for wireless buds per The Verge and as always, stats: geographic and user agent
Audience feedback drives the show. We'd love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 412-573-1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We'd love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- (2:25) PROMO 1: Video Fuzzy
- (2:58) Rob and Elsie conversation
- (3:47) We are sponsoring How To Make A Breakout Hit Podcast!
- (5:17) Libsyn's Advertisecast announced an exclusive advertising deal with The Newsworthy
- (7:13) Small change in UI in Libsyn 5
- (8:28) All kinds of podcasting advertising spend data
- (11:10) The pros and cons about sending guests a microphone
- (20:15) Help Rob! Website that find LUFS and supports mono
- (22:17) How to make Twitter the number one platform to consume podcasts
- (30:31) Shout-out to Kamuela Kaneshiro for getting his first audiobook book out there!
- (32:25) A question about video podcasts
- (36:35) YouTube podcasts stats from The Feed
- (46:06) Audio feedback about long podcasts on YouTube with music
- (47:56) PROMO 2: Irish and Celtic Music Podcast
- (48:36) AI comments from Spotify
- (55:26) Good stuff from Auphonic! Automatic silence cutting for your podcast
- (59:15) Test of microphone earbuds via The Verge
- (1:01:48) Best practices for naming a fancast podcast
- Backtracks closing down
- (1:04:35) PROMO 3: Weird Darkness
- (1:05:10) Stats: geographic and user agents
- (1:10:28) Where have we been and where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Where have we been and where are we going
- The Podcast Show LIVE - Podcast Show 2023
- She Podcasts LIVE 2022 • She Podcasts
- Video First — Podcast Gear Setup, 2023 with Doc Rock & Elsie Escobar - YouTube
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Audio Podcast Fellows
- Set Up Your Podcast – Libsyn 5
- SMI Says Majority Of First Quarter National Audio Ad Dollars Went To Digital. | Story | insideradio.com
- Rob @ podCast411 (Go Knicks - Chiefs - Flyers) on Twitter: "Kudos for @GuyDealership for bringing up the topic of Twitter actually supporting Podcast consumption. First lets look at where Podcasts are being consumed currently with real date from Libsyn who has delivered more downloads than any other host. @elonmusk @BradTirpak 1/" / Twitter
- Legends from the Pacific: Book 1: Asian and Pacific Islander folklore and cultural history | Audiobook on Spotify
- YouTube's Podcast Deals With NPR, Slate and New York Times Are Flopping - Bloomberg
- Music Executives Grapple With Generative AI on Earnings Calls - Bloomberg
- Auphonic Blog: Automatic Silence Cutting
- Jump cut video app | Automatically Remove Silence
- We tested which earbuds are best for phone calls, on a boat - The Verge
- Podcast Advertising Rates 2023
- 05.01.23 -- Libsyn AdvertiseCast Ad Rates April 2023 - FINAL
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We'd love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here's our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.